Kathy L. Thurston
Indiana Registered Paralegal | Indianapolis
Phone: (317) 977-1478 | Fax: (317) 633-4878
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
500 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1293
Kathy Thurston has been a paralegal with the firm since 2004 and focuses on estate administration, tax, business organizations and real estate. She has extensive experience, having been a paralegal since 1983. Kathy works directly with estate personal representatives to guide them through the estate administration process from beginning to end. She assists firm attorneys in the preparation of many different types of tax returns for individuals and organizations. Kathy works closely with many corporations and limited liability companies, preparing their annual filings, consents and various business agreements. She also assists with the preparation of real estate leases, deeds and affidavits.
Areas of Focus
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Tax (Personal Income, Estate, Fiduciary, Nonprofit, Corporate, Partnerships)
- Business Associations
- Real Estate
- Represented the Indiana Paralegal Association before the Indiana legislature in 1993 to pass I.C.§ 1-1-4-6 allowing for recoverability of legal fees for paralegal services and defining a paralegal in Indiana.
- Instrumental in establishing paralegal membership in the Indianapolis Bar Association and served as the chairman of the Paralegal Committee for its first two years of existence.
- Paralegal of the Year – Indianapolis Bar Association – 2000
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Indiana Paralegal Association – 1999-2000
- Paralegal of the Year – Indiana Paralegal Association – 1994-1995
- Para-Potential Award – Indiana Paralegal Association – 1990-1991
- Indiana Paralegal Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations