PRESENTATION DETAILS< BACK TO ALL PRESENTATIONS
Hall Render’s Health IT Seminar 2018
When the Phishing Trip Lands a Whale: Cybersecurity in Health Care
It is well known that health care is one of the favorite targets for cyberattacks given the rich trove of data. Hall Render’s annual Health IT Seminar will look at health care privacy and security from the perspective of the ocean of data and the many threat actors that are phishing for ways to access and monetize that data for their own purposes. From an insider’s view of an actual ransomware attack to new ideas on effective training for employees and board members to discussions on cyber insurance and the critical importance of managing business associate agreements, the seminar will provide context and practical approaches to help health care practitioners and entities navigate the most difficult privacy and security concerns that they are facing today.
- I Survived a Ransomware Attack and Lived to Talk About It!
- Teaching All the Fish in the School – Effective Training for Employees to Trustees
- Shark Week: Understanding Cyber-Liability Insurance – Coverage Issues
- Go Jump in a (Data) Lake – Managing Internal and External Requests for Big Data and Other Size PHI
- Phishing for Dollars: Managing Business Associates (Industry Panel)
- Testing the Waters: HITRUST Certification and Vendor Management
- Jonah and the Whale: The Government’s View of Security and Enforcement
- Demonstration of a Live Attack
- Interoperability: Just Another Fish Tale? (Industry Panel)
Speaker(s): Mike Batt (Hall Render); Brock Bell (Advanced Discovery); Jon Boguth (Hall Render); Liz Callahan-Morris (Hall Render); Andrea Dominguez (Advanced Discovery); Robyn Eckerling (Allscripts); Charise Frazier (Hall Render); Mandeep Gill (AdvancedMD); Steve Grothouse (Hall Render); Howard Haile (SCL Health); Andrew Heberling (ProMedica Health System, Inc.); Dustin Hutchison (Pondurance); Brandon Kulwicki (Hall Render); Taylor Lehmann (Wellforce); Steve Long (Hancock Regional Hospital); Melissa Markey (Hall Render); Mike Rastigue (Marsh); Carol Romej (Hall Render); Stephen Rose (Hall Render); Steve Schwarm (SCL Health); Jeff Short (Hall Render); Mark Swaringen (Hall Render); Doug Swetnam (Office of the Indiana Attorney General); Catherinie Wong (Mercy)
Organizer: Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman
Venue: Swissotel Chicago; Chicago, IL