Legal Administrative Assistant
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., the nation’s largest law firm focused exclusively on matters specific to health care organizations, seeks a friendly, energetic Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) for our Milwaukee office. The LAA will perform a wide variety of legal administrative and executive assisting duties. The LAA will support multiple Attorneys in a team environment. Major duties of this position include comprehensive and efficient administrative and secretarial support, preparing and editing correspondence, legal documents and presentation decks, calendar management, maintaining paper and electronic files, and time entry and billing tasks.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting Attorneys with client-related matters.
- Creating and maintaining client files.
- Drafting, proofreading and editing a variety of documents for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, format and content.
- Assisting with timekeeping, transcription, payment and expense request processing, and billing process coordination.
- Efficiently and thoroughly understanding how to use all necessary Firm software.
- Scheduling and calendar management.
- Effectively communicating and integrating with clients.
- Serving as a backup LAA to team members.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word with an aptitude for quickly learning various other programs.
- Some Excel and PowerPoint experience. Visio experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate with others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Quality-minded and detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service, writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Proven display of good judgment and dependable discretion.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma from an accredited institution.
- Three-plus years of experience working in a legal environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the firm.
To apply, send your resume and salary requirements to Sherri Umbaugh, Director of Human Resources, at SUmbaugh@hallrender.com.
Hall Render was founded on a tradition of excellence, has never wavered from this tradition, and continues to search for ways to raise its own standard.