Legal Administrative Assistant – Litigation
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., the nation’s largest law firm focused exclusively on matters specific to health care organizations, seeks a friendly, energetic legal administrative assistant for our growing Denver office. A Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) at Hall Render will perform a wide variety legal administrative and executive assisting duties. The LAA will support multiple attorneys in a team environment. Major duties of an LAA include providing comprehensive and efficient administrative and secretarial support, preparing and editing correspondence of legal documents, calendar management, and maintaining paper and electronic files.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Helping attorneys solve problems by finding reliable solutions while working within Firm policies and procedures.
- Developing comfort and proficiency with all necessary Firm software and providing first-line support to attorneys.
- Drafting, proofreading and editing a variety of documents for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, format and content in prepared materials.
- Creating and maintaining client files.
- Assisting with timekeeping, transcription, processing payment requests and coordinate billing processes.
- Scheduling and calendar management.
- Travel arrangements and expense report processing.
- Communicating directly with clients and courts
- Ability to communicate with clients in a professional manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook Word and Excel, with an aptitude for quickly learning various other programs.
- Excellent administrative, writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently to find solutions to technical problems.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Prior experience in litigation practices and procedures including State and Federal filing.
- Two to three years law firm experience.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma from an accredited institution.
To apply, send your resume and salary requirements to Sherri Umbaugh, Director of Human Resources, at SUmbaugh@hallrender.com.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
Hall Render was founded on a tradition of excellence, has never wavered from this tradition, and continues to search for ways to raise its own standard.