Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C. seeks a full-time experienced Chief Financial Officer. The candidate is expected to be organized, dependable, and detail-oriented and to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
With direct accountability to the President, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for overseeing and directing the Firm’s financial goals, objectives and budgets. As a key member of the executive management team, the CFO will assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of the Firm; will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities to the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, property management, merger and acquisition analysis, shareholder relationships and private and institutional financing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial and operational objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial results, financial trends and forecasts.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the Firm.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/services strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Shareholders to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Firm.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place, ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws, rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and available funds for investment.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities.
- Supervise the preparation of the annual budget.
- Monitor and control accounts receivables.
- Prepare reports/data used in the Shareholder compensation process and assist in the collection of information to be distributed.
- Prepare information/reports required to complete the annual Firm tax returns.
- Oversee the payroll tax process; support administration of the cafeteria and 401(k) plans (including financial statement audit).
- Evaluate the accounting department’s structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Meet semi-annually with each Office Managing Partner to discuss office metrics and performance.
- Monitor and provide recommendations on Firm capital.
- Financial management
- Business acumen
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct
- Performance management
- Personal effectiveness / credibility
- Problem solving / analysis
- Strategic thinking
- Technical capacity
- Executive presence
Education and Qualifications
Successful applicants will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable. Minimum ten (10) years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in accounting or other professional services organization. Experience at the Controller or Chief Financial Officer level.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
To apply, send your resume to Sherri Umbaugh, Director of Human Resources, at SUmbaugh@hallrender.com.
Hall Render was founded on a tradition of excellence, has never wavered from this tradition, and continues to search for ways to raise its own standard.