The Billing Manager (Manager) is responsible for the overall efficient operation of the billing department. The Manager reports to the Director of Finance and supervises Account Billing Specialists who work directly with the Firm’s clients and attorneys. The position is responsible for all billing activities, is an expert on Elite Enterprise system and is responsible for developing best practices.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop department strategy and best practices
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes
- Provide on-going training and supervision to Account Billing Specialists
- Coordinate workflow and delegation of tasks to Account Billing Specialists
- Effectively manage the electronic billing process
- Work closely with the Firm’s attorneys on various billing matters
- Provide training to new attorneys/timekeepers as needed
- Provide various reports and perform special projects for the Director of Finance and Treasurer on an as-needed basis
- Create and distribute operational and billing reports to management
- Perform hands-on billing as necessary
- Work with Elite Support when necessary
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a leadership and managerial role in a legal billing department
(minimum 4 years) preferred
- Experience with Elite Enterprise
- Strong organization and supervisory skills
- Diplomacy, confidence, professionalism and a team player are key attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of both Excel and Word
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the firm.
To apply, send your resume to Sherri Umbaugh, Director of Human Resources, at SUmbaugh@hallrender.com.
Hall Render was founded on a tradition of excellence, has never wavered from this tradition, and continues to search for ways to raise its own standard.