Robert A. Hamill
Attorney | Raleigh
Working out of the firm’s Raleigh office, Bobby Hamill focuses his practice on health care transactions. Bobby draws upon his extensive experience in sophisticated transactional and corporate work, as well as a deep understanding of the health care market and regulatory environment, to provide trusted and practical advice to help his clients reach their strategic and investment goals.
Working with hospitals, health systems, private equity groups, governmental entities, physician groups and other health care organizations, Bobby assists his clients on a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, affiliations and co-management arrangements. Additionally, he advises his clients on securities offerings, the development of roll-up networks, physician employment arrangements, financing arrangements and other corporate and governance matters.
Bobby is active in the legal community, participating in the American Health Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association, where he is a member of both the Health Law and Business Law Sections. He is also a member of the North Carolina Society of Health Care Attorneys, the North Carolina Bar and the South Carolina Bar.
University of South Carolina, B.A., with honors - 2007
Charleston School of Law, J.D., with honors - 2011
ADMITTED TO BAR
- South Carolina - 2011
- North Carolina - 2012
- American Health Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- Served as general counsel for a South Carolina hospital
- Represented hospitals and health systems in numerous mergers, acquisitions and joint venture transactions, including acquisitions of non-profit hospitals by for-profit entities and acquisitions of community hospitals by academic medical centers and other health systems.
- Drafted, reviewed and negotiated numerous asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, joint venture agreements and related transactional documents.
- Served as outside general counsel for several hospital and provider entities.
- Represented hospitals and health systems in acquiring physician practices and employing physicians.
- Preparing submissions to the Stark Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol.
- Assisted ambulatory surgical facilities, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, home health agencies, radiation therapy centers and hospitals with various certificate of need matters, including strategic planning and analysis, seeking regulatory exemptions, requesting declaratory rulings and appeals.