John P. Ryan ATTORNEY
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
500 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1293
Phone: (317) 977-1423 Fax: (317) 633-4878
John Ryan is the President and Managing Partner of Hall Render. From 2005-2011, he served as the Human Resources Chairman and Hiring Partner for the firm. While today he serves in a management role, he still practices employment law and focuses on counseling hospitals, health systems and physician practices. From time to time, he is involved in high-profile investigations into complaints and compliance issues on behalf of clients. He also regularly consults with health care entities on strategies to optimize the structure of their in-house legal departments in order to most cost-effectively deliver the highest quality in health care legal services.
John’s perspective as both a business leader and practicing attorney provides clients with a higher level of counsel that is uniquely helpful and practical, particularly as it relates to reductions in force as well as executive-level and physician personnel matters.
“I enjoy working with people and equally important to me is working in the health care industry. I have a personal passion for the health care space and a desire on behalf of myself and the firm to do our part to make health care better.”
John was appointed to the EMS Commission for the State of Indiana by Governor Eric Holcomb in 2018. He is also a member of the Young Presidents' Organization – Indiana Chapter.
As a father of four, John and his wife are often busy with their children’s activities. In what free time he does have, he enjoys cycling, running, fishing and reading.
Indiana University, B.A., Economics, Phi Beta Kappa - 1995
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D. - 1998
ADMITTED TO BAR
- U.S. District Court, Northern & Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Michigan Bar Association
- Arizona Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Indiana Super Lawyers
- Listed in Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Stanley K. Lacy Executive Leadership Series, Class XXXI
- Leadership Award – Indianapolis Star Top Workplaces 2012
- Indianapolis Business Journal Forty Under 40 – 2012
- Indianapolis Business Journal Who’s Who Behind the Scenes in Healthcare – 2003
- Greater Indianapolis Progress Committee (GIPC) - Board of Directors, Present
- Indiana Emergency Medical Services Commission - Member, Present
- Penrod Society - Present
- BSA Scouts of America, Troop 174 - Volunteer, Present
- Boy Scouts of America, Crossroads of America Council - Executive Board Member, Present
- MS Society, Indiana Chapter, Board of Trustees & Executive Committee - Former
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Parish Council, President - Former
- Meridian Street Methodist Children's Soccer League, Coach - Former
- Bishop Chatard High School, Board of Regents - Former
- Heroes Foundation, Co-Founder and Board Member - Former
- St. Vincent Hospital, Human Resource Committee of the Board of Trustees - Former