James R. Willey Attorney
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
500 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1293
Phone: (317) 977-1409 Fax: (317) 633-4878
Mr. Willey concentrates his practice in the areas of health law, business transactions and services, and corporate counsel services. Mr. Willey regularly advises a variety of health care providers, including hospitals, health systems, physicians organizations, and other health care providers, on business and transaction matters, including corporate governance and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and a wide variety of hospital and physician transactions. Mr. Willey also devotes a substantial amount of his time counseling clients on matters concerning tax and tax-exemption, including obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status, private inurement and private benefit isssues, excess benefit transactions, unrelated business income tax, and 501(r) compliance.
Hanover College, B.A., cum laude - 1987
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. - 1995
ADMITTED TO BAR
- Indiana - 1995
- U.S. District Court, Northern & Southern Districts of Indiana - 1995
- Indiana State and U.S. Tax Courts - 1995
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Business Development Officer, Merchants National Bank – 1987-1992