Brian F. Bauer Attorney
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
201 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 1200
Troy, MI 48084
Phone: (248) 457-7821 Fax: (248) 740-7501
Publications[08/29/16] SEE MORE
Presentations[03/28/2019] SEE MORE
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Clinical Integration Strategies & Networks
- Clinical Services & Patient Care Issues
- Fraud & Abuse/Stark
- Governance Consulting
- Hospital & Health System Counsel
- Hospital & Physician Transactions
- Medical Staff Organization & Structure
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Physician Compensation Plans
- Population Health Management
Brian Bauer has extensive experience in developing Accountable Care Organizations and Clinically Integrated Networks. He has worked with over 50 ACOs and CINs across the country. These ACO/CIN clients include very large single system CINs that consist of the medical centers and their physician groups, as well as ACOs that consist of a combination of hospitals, independent physician groups, federally qualified health centers and rural health clinics. Brian also has extensive experience in working with the Medicare Shared Savings Program, the Next Generation ACO Model and other Medicare and commercial value-based payment programs.
Brian concentrates his practice in the areas of health care business transactions, clinical integration, reimbursement and governance. He has served as general counsel to a number of hospitals, advising them on a wide range of legal, business and ethical issues. Brian also has extensive experience in addressing medical staff, credentialing and peer review issues, including medical staff disciplinary actions and corrective action hearings. He has also assisted clients with third party payor appeals and guided clients through internal and external audits, investigations and disclosures.
Brian is a shareholder in the law firm of Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, PLLC and has over 25 years of experience in health law. He earned his law degree from the Valparaiso University School of Law in 1987.
Great Lakes Christian College, B.R.E., magna cum laude - 1980
Valparaiso University, J.D. - 1987
ADMITTED TO BAR
- Michigan - 1987
- National Rural Health Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Chairman of the Richland Township Planning Commission
- Chairman of the Richland Township Zoning Board of Appeals
- Member of the Richland Township Building Authority