Brandon S. Kulwicki
Attorney | Dallas
Phone: (214) 615-2025 | Fax: (214) 615-2001
Brandon Kulwicki’s practice is dedicated primarily to the areas of operational, regulatory and transactional health law; health care risk management; and support of medical malpractice defense and other health care-related litigation. He works primarily with and advises large hospital systems and physician practice groups in and around the Dallas–Fort Worth area with regard to various health law and regulatory compliance matters; fraud and abuse matters including Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute analyses; peer review actions; and HIPAA and other privacy issues.
Brandon has worked extensively with physician contracts including negotiating covenants not to compete, physician recruitment agreements, physician-hospital consulting arrangements and many others. He does extensive work with contracts related to hospital supply chain, revenue cycle functions and hospital-based clinical research. He is responsible for a complete upgrade of privacy policies for a large West Texas hospital including drafting and negotiating all business associate agreements for the facility.
Brandon is a frequent speaker on health law compliance matters in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, as well as for the State Bar of Texas, and has extensive experience with HIPAA and state privacy law by multiple courts, law firms and organizations.
Brandon has extensive experience practicing before the Texas Medical Board and Texas Board of Nursing; supervising selected areas of litigation including drafting briefs, motions, pleadings and discovery requests and responses; and representing physicians and other health care providers before the court of appeals and at trial, hearings, depositions and mediation.
Texas A&M University, B.S. - 2000
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D. - 2003
ADMITTED TO BAR
- Texas - 2004
- Oklahoma - 2018
- Arkansas - 2019
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Collin County Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Collin County Bench Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Law Student Outreach Committee
- American Health Law Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Vice Chair, Membership 2017-2018
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars – 2009, 2010, 2014-2016