Amy A. Poe
Attorney | Raleigh
Phone: (919) 228-2404 | Fax: (919) 447-4961
Based in the firm’s Raleigh office, Amy Poe concentrates her practice on health care regulatory and compliance matters. Amy partners with a wide range of national and regional clients, including hospitals, health care systems, academic medical centers, large national organizations, pharmacies and medical device companies, to find practical, operationally attuned solutions while emphasizing compliance with the health care regulatory laws.
Amy’s experience running clinical research trials and providing patient care enables her to effectively assist clients with issues regarding federal and state regulatory and compliance issues such as Medicare and Medicaid requirements, fraud and abuse laws, human subject research, FDA-related issues and pharmacy laws. Amy advises clients with respect to clinical research, including clinical trial agreements, conflicts of interest, advice regarding research operations and structure and IRB issues. In addition, she also provides counsel regarding FDA regulations, as well as pharmacy regulations and operations, particularly those related to controlled substances and opioids.
Prior to joining Hall Render, Amy gained health care experience working for Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina and the University of North Carolina Health Care System. She also worked as clinical research trial coordinator for Carolinas HealthCare System, now Atrium Health. She is an active member of the American Health Law Association, where she serves as Vice Chair for Member Engagement of the Life Sciences Practice Group; the American Society for Pharmacy Law; the American Bar Association – Health Law Section; and the North Carolina Bar Association. In her free time, Amy enjoys spending time outdoors, traveling and cooking.
Davidson College, B.A., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa - 2002; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, M.P.H. - 2013
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D. - 2012
ADMITTED TO BAR
- North Carolina - 2012
- Tennessee - 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina - 2012
- American Health Law Association, Vice Chair for Member Engagement of the Life Sciences Practice Group
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Society for Pharmacy Law
- Private Practice – 2012-2016
- Clinical Trial Research Coordinator, Carolinas HealthCare System – 2007-2009
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Writing and Learning Resource Center Peer Tutor and Teaching Assistant, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Research Triangle Area Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel Scholarship Recipient