Hall Render believes that diversity, including differences in race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, physical abilities and religious or political beliefs, increases the value of our law firm by allowing us to deliver innovative health law services from various points of view. We are committed to increasing the number of diverse entrants who express an interest in the field of health care and health law in particular. Interns will gain valuable experience in various aspects of legal work, including research and writing projects, client meetings and firm administration. Interns will work part-time, approximately 25 hours per week, and earn $12/hour with parking provided. Interns will not be provided benefits.
In order to be considered, applicants must:
- Have an interest in law and/or the health care field;
- Be authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student in a four-year degree program;
- Have completed a minimum of 48 credit hours at the time of internship;
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 point scale; and
- Complete the online application.The following MUST be included with your application for consideration in Hall Render’s Diversity Internship Program.
- One-page resume listing academic achievements, extracurricular activities, honors, employment history, community service and special skills;
- Most recent transcript through the last semester completed;
- Personal statement (500 words or less) describing how your diverse perspective and varying life experiences have shaped your interest in law and/or the health care industry; and
- One letter of recommendation – either an academic or personal reference. Please include the name, address and telephone number for each of your references.
Applications will be accepted between January 17 and March 11, 2018. Submit all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “[Last Name, First Name] Diversity Internship Application.”
**Special consideration for first generation college students
Click here to download the 2018 Diversity Internship application.