Thursday, May 21 Update
Our Federal Advocacy Team is dedicated to providing frequent COVID-19 updates as they develop. Going forward, these updates will be distributed as developments warrant instead of nightly. These updates along with other resources can be found on the COVID-19 Resource Center page of Hall Render’s website.
Note – we believe this is the most up-to-date information available at this time.
- Today, Sen. Marco Rubio, co-author of the Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”), released a copy of draft legislation to make program changes found here. The measure would:
- Extend the period for making PPP loans from June 30, 2020 to December 31, 2020;
- Increase the period to spend to funds from 8 weeks to 16 weeks;
- Add a new category for “covered worker protection expenditures”;
- Add an “8-week safe harbor period” that would be used to calculate the PPP loan reductions.
- Unfortunately, the Senate went into recess until June 1 without taking action on the legislation. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she still plans to hold a vote in the House next week on PPP legislation that has not yet been released.
From the FDA
- The FDA posted a list of antibody tests that are being removed from the “notification list” of tests being offered under the Policy for COVID-19 Tests During the Public Health Emergency.
- The FDA issued the guidance: “Supplements for Approved Premarket Approval or Humanitarian Device Exemption Submissions During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency”
Trump Administration Announces AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine to Be Available in October
- HHS announced collaboration with AstraZeneca to make available at least 300 million doses of a coronavirus vaccine called AZD1222, with the first doses delivered as early as October 2020.
For more information, please contact:
- John Williams III at (202) 370-9585 or email@example.com;
- Andrew Coats at (202) 370-9587 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Abby Kaericher at (202) 780-2989 or email@example.com; or
- Your regular Hall Render attorney.
Hall Render’s attorneys and professionals continue to maintain the most up-to-date information and resources at our COVID-19 Resource page, through our 24/7 COVID‑19 Hotline at (317) 429-3900 or by contacting your regular Hall Render attorney.
Hall Render blog posts and articles are intended for informational purposes only. For ethical reasons, Hall Render attorneys cannot—outside of an attorney-client relationship—answer specific questions that would be legal advice.