Thursday, May 7 Recap
Note – We believe this is the most up-to-date information available at this time, but it is subject to change as circumstances warrant. Also, all finalized resources can be found on the COVID-19 Resource Center page of Hall Render’s website.
HHS Extends Deadline for Attestation, Acceptance of Terms and Conditions for Provider Relief Funds
- HHS has extended the deadline for health care providers to attest to receipt of payments from the Provider Relief Fund and accept the Terms and Conditions. Providers will now have 45 days, increased from 30 days, from the date they receive a payment to attest and accept the Terms and Conditions or return the funds.
HHS Awards Funds to Expand COVID-19 Testing
- The Health Resources and Services Administration awarded nearly $583 million to 1,385 HRSA-funded health centers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and eight U.S. territories to expand COVID-19 testing.
From the FDA
- The FDA released Frequently Asked Questions on shortages of surgical masks and gowns during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The FDA issued a letter to health care providers on how certain filtering facepiece respirators from China may not provide adequate respiratory protection.
- The FDA issued Frequently Asked Questions on the EUAs for non-NIOSH approved respirators during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- House Democratic leaders said today they still plan to release their proposal for the next stimulus bill before the end of this week and hold a vote on it next week. On a call with members of her caucus today, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the measure will contain three major parts: relief for state and local governments; funds for testing and other needs for reopening the country; and “putting money in the pockets of the American people.”
For more information, please contact:
- John Williams III at (202) 370-9585 or email@example.com;
- Andrew Coats at (202) 370-9587 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Abby Kaericher at (202) 780-2989 or email@example.com; or
- Your regular Hall Render attorney.
Hall Render’s attorneys and professionals continue to maintain the most up-to-date information and resources at our COVID-19 Resource page, through our 24/7 COVID‑19 Hotline at (317) 429-3900 or by contacting your regular Hall Render attorney.
Hall Render blog posts and articles are intended for informational purposes only. For ethical reasons, Hall Render attorneys cannot—outside of an attorney-client relationship—answer specific questions that would be legal advice.