Monday, April 6 Recap
Note – We believe this is the most up-to-date information available at this time, but it is subject to change as circumstances warrant. Also, all finalized resources can be found on the COVID-19 Resource Center page of Hall Render’s website.
- The House and Senate remain in recess until at least April 20.
OIG Releases Report Summarizing COVID-19 Response
- OIG issued a report illustrating the many challenges facing hospitals amid the COVID-19 crisis.
HHS Purchasing COVID-19 Rapid Point-of-Care Tests for Public Health Labs
- HHS announced it is purchasing ID NOW COVID-19 rapid point-of-care tests for state, territorial and tribal public health labs. This test allows for medical diagnostic testing at the time and place of patient care, provides COVID-19 results in under 13 minutes and expands the capacity for coronavirus testing for individuals exhibiting symptoms as well as for health care professionals and the first responder community.
AHA Recommends HHS to Waive Interest or Substantially Reduce Interest Rate on APP Program
- In a letter to Secretary Azar and Administrator Verma, the American Hospital Association (“AHA”) urged HHS and CMS to exercise existing authorities to waive interest or substantially reduce the interest rate on any balance owed on accelerated and advance payments (“APP”) made under the CARES Act and the March 28 expansion announcement by CMS.
From the FDA
- Enforcement Policy for Remote Ophthalmic Assessment and Monitoring Devices During the Coronavirus Disease.
- Enforcement Policy for Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation and Cardiopulmonary Bypass Devices During the Coronavirus Disease.
CDC Releases Study on COVID-19 in Children
- The CDC released a study on the effects of COVID-19 in children.
For more information, please contact:
- John Williams III at (202) 370-9585 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Andrew Coats at (202) 370-9587 or email@example.com;
- Abby Kaericher at (202) 780-2989 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Your regular Hall Render attorney.
Hall Render’s attorneys and professionals continue to maintain the most up-to-date information and resources at our COVID-19 Resource page, through our 24/7 COVID‑19 Hotline at (317) 429-3900 or by contacting your regular Hall Render attorney.
Hall Render blog posts and articles are intended for informational purposes only. For ethical reasons, Hall Render attorneys cannot—outside of an attorney-client relationship—answer specific questions that would be legal advice.