In a previous article, we reported on CMS’s implementation of new billing edits that will Return to Provider any hospital UB-04 claims that identify a service location that is not an exact match to a Medicare-enrolled location identified in Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System. The implementation date was set to begin in April of 2020.
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, on March 24, 2020, CMS announced a delay “until further notice” to the activation of these edits. At this time, we do not have a new implementation date. This delay is particularly helpful for those Hospitals looking to bill for services at an Alternate Care Site in response to COVID-19. Hall Render will continue to monitor this issue.
If you have any questions or would like additional information about this topic, please contact:
- David H. Snow at (414) 721-0447 or email@example.com;
- Lori A. Wink at (414) 721-0456 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Regan E. Tankersley at (317) 977-1445 or email@example.com;
- Brian D. Jent at (317) 977-1402 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Joseph R. Krause at (414) 721-0906 or email@example.com;
- Lisa A. Lucido at (248) 457-7812 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Lauren G. Hulls at (317) 977-1467 or email@example.com; or
- Your regular Hall Render attorney.