- Fraud & Abuse/Stark
- Governance Consulting
- Hospital & Health System Counsel
- Hospital & Physician Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Physician Alignment
- Physician Group Practices
Mr. Wolfe assists hospitals and health care providers with planning and implementing compliance-focused physician alignment and compensation strategies. He is experienced in structuring, negotiating and auditing many types of hospital-physician arrangements and transactions (e.g., physician practice acquisitions, affiliations and joint-ventures, physician employment, personal service and recruitment arrangements, etc.). His practice includes assisting clients with the development of individual physician compensation arrangements and system-wide compensation plans, incorporation of quality-based payment models and the implementation of governance processes for approval and documentation of commercial reasonableness and fair market value. He also regularly advises clients on fraud and abuse issues, including compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, the False Claims Act and their implementing regulations and agency guidance. Before attending law school at the University of Wisconsin, he served as a combat engineer in the United States Army.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, B.A.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
Admitted to Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Wisconsin Medical Group Management Association
- Moderator, Fair Market Value in Health Care Transactions: Advanced (and Thorny) Issues, Part III: Commercial Reasonableness in Contrast with Fair Market Value: What's the Difference and Who Makes the Call? AHLA Webinar, March 2014.
- Stark Compliance Audits in Hospital-Physician Arrangements: Mitigating Provider Liability, Implementing Monitoring Processes to Avoid Penalties, Denial of Payment and CMS Program Exclusion, Strafford Webinar, January 2014.
- Wisconsin Medical Group Management Association, Physician Contracting and the Stark Law - Navigating the Perfect Storm, Webinar, August 2013.
- American Health Lawyers Association, 2013 Hospitals and Health Systems Law Institute, Fair Market Value and Commercial Reasonableness - The Year in Review and a Look Ahead, February 2013.
- Sauk Prairie Memorial Hospital and Clinics Governing Board Retreat, A Primer on the Stark Law and Other Regulatory Issues for Hospital Physician Relationships, October 2012.