Andrew Dick's practice focuses on real estate transactions and environmental law. He advises hospitals, health systems and physician practice groups on matters relating to the purchase and sale of real estate, commercial space leasing arrangements, office condominium developments, zoning matters, easements and restrictive covenants. Andrew also advises clients on a broad range of environmental law matters, including compliance with regulations for the disposal of medical, pharmaceutical and hazardous wastes, reverse distribution initiatives undertaken by pharmacies, air and water permitting, regulatory programs for the clean-up of contaminated property and the negotiation of environmental insurance policies.
Andrew joined Hall Render after completing a Masters of Law in Real Property Development at the University of Miami School of Law in Florida. While in law school and during his Master's program, Andrew clerked in the real estate and environmental law departments for a number of law firms and governmental agencies such as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Detroit and Gunster, Yoakley & Stewart in Miami. Andrew frequently writes and speaks on real estate and environmental law topics affecting hospitals and health care facilities.
- University of Southern Indiana, B.S. - 2002
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude - 2005
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., Real Property Development - 2006
Admitted to Bar
- Indiana - 2006
- U.S. District Courts, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana - 2006
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Best Practices for Developing Stark Compliant Timeshare Leasing Arrangements, AHLA Connections Magazine, December 2012.
Developing an Office Space Lease Compliance Program, AHLA Hospitals & Health Systems Rx Newsletter, November 2012.
- Healthcare Headaches: Various issues delay medical real estate construction, Commercial Investment Real Estate, July-August 2012.
- Environmental Laws, Healthcare Compliance Legal Issues Manual, 3rd Edition, 2011.
- Deal Diagnosis: Understanding Healthcare Laws Improves the Prognosis for MOB Transactions, Commercial Investment Real Estate, September 2009.
- New Home Protections: Your clients may have legal recourse if their newly constructed home is faulty, Realtor Magazine, March 2009.
- Housing Issues, Commonly Asked Questions About Indiana Law, 2008-2009.
- Making Sense Out of Non-Sense: A Response to Adverse Possession by Governmental Entities, 7 Nevada Law Journal 348, 2007.
- Indiana Leasehold Estates: A Closer Look at Landlord- Tenant Relationships, Res Gestae (Indiana State Bar Journal), September 2007.
- Blight Fight: Detroit's aggressive approach to nuisance abatement is sparking some redevelopment, Planning Magazine, June 2007.