Paralegal/Legal Assistant – Bellevue, Washington
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., the nation’s largest law firm focused exclusively on matters specific to health care organizations, seeks a friendly, energetic and experienced Paralegal for our Bellevue, Washington office. The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of paralegal and administrative duties.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage cases from start to finish
- Interact with clients on a regular basis
- Prepare, index and manage documents, in hard copy or electronic formats
- Redact documents
- Upload, retrieve and profile case documents
- Conduct witness interviews
- Review and organize records
- Facilitate scanning and Bates numbering of records
- Conduct preliminary legal research
- Research and facilitate retention of experts
- Draft or edit pleadings, motions, and compile exhibits
- Provide trial support including logistical and technological support
- Assist with timekeeping, transcription, processing payment requests and coordinate billing processes.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Adobe and Word with an aptitude for quickly learning various other programs.
- Prior experience in litigation practices and procedures.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of document management systems, opening and organizing new files, preparing correspondence, editing, preparation and filing of pleadings.
- Excellent administrative, writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality with the ability to operate under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- A Paralegal Degree or Paralegal Certificate is required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
Hall Render was founded on a tradition of excellence, has never wavered from this tradition, and continues to search for ways to raise its own standard.