Litigation Paralegal – Civil and Commercial – Indianapolis
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C. seeks an experienced Litigation Paralegal to join our national healthcare litigation team. A Litigation Paralegal is expected to be organized, dependable, detail-oriented and have a professional appearance and demeanor. A Litigation Paralegal should possess strong writing and analytical skills and have the ability to handle a high volume caseload and prioritize multiple tasks.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
A Litigation Paralegal at Hall, Render, Killian, Heath, & Lyman (“Hall Render”) will perform a wide variety of tasks for the litigation department. These tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage high volume of cases
- Interact with clients
- Prepare documents, hard copy or electronic formats, for discovery requests and responses
- Read, understand and summarize depositions
- Manage Case Notebook firm-wide
- Upload, retrieve and profile case documents to client web databases
- Conduct preliminary legal research
- Provide trial support including logistical and technological support
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word with an aptitude for quickly learning various other programs.
- Prior experience in litigation practices and procedures.
- Prior experience with litigation and discovery management applications.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of document management systems, opening and organizing new files, preparing correspondence, editing, preparation and filing of pleadings.
- Excellent administrative, writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality with the ability to operate under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- Travel required as needed.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of two years of experience as a paralegal in a law office, preferably with experience in civil and commercial law.
- A Paralegal Degree or Paralegal Certificate is required; RP or CP certification or college degree preferred
- Experience using case management software.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
To apply, send your resume to Sherri Umbaugh, Director of Human Resources, at SUmbaugh@hallrender.com.
Hall Render was founded on a tradition of excellence, has never wavered from this tradition, and continues to search for ways to raise its own standard.