Ritu Kaur Cooper Attorney
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
1425 K Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20005
Phone: (202) 370-9584 Fax: (202) 370-9589
Publications[01/19/17] SEE MORE
PresentationsSABA-DC Mentorship Program [10/26/2017] SEE MORE
Ritu Kaur Cooper is a shareholder in Hall Render’s health section. Her practice consists of representing health care providers such as hospitals and health systems in litigation, regulatory and compliance matters. Her particular area of focus is on fraud and abuse, compliance and internal and government investigations, as well as voluntary disclosures. Ritu regularly works with legal and compliance departments to assist clients with the development of effective compliance programs consistent with the OIG guidance. She drafts compliance policies and procedures, develops and provides compliance education and training from the Board level to employees to contracted physicians, drafts and negotiates agreements consistent with the fraud and abuse laws and assists clients with internal investigations and implementing appropriate corrective actions. Ritu also serves as the Interim Compliance Officer for Beaver Dam Community Hospitals, Inc.
Prior to joining Hall Render, Ritu represented hospitals, health systems and laboratories in government investigations. She also provided regulatory and compliance advice to hospitals, laboratories and medical device companies with respect to the Medicare fraud and abuse laws.
The George Washington University, B.A., with honors - 2000
Syracuse University, J.D., cum laude - 2003, Saint Louis University, LL.M. in Health Law - 2005
ADMITTED TO BAR
- New Jersey - 2003
- Pennsylvania - 2003
- District of Columbia - 2004
- Missouri - 2005
- Supreme Court of the United States - 2010
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey - 2003
- American Health Lawyers Association - Vice-Chair of Research and Website for the Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group
- National Bar Association
- Washington Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Washington, DC - President
- Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Saint Louis University School of Law Center for Health Law Studies Practitioner-in-Residence – 2012
- Mary’s Center for Maternal and Child Care, Inc. – General Counsel
- Capital Clinical Integrated Network – General Counsel
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Somerset County, Criminal Division – Law Clerk to Hon. Paul W. Armstrong, 2003-2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit – Summer Law Clerk to Hon. Morton I. Greenberg, 2001
- Lawyers of Color’s Hot List for the Mid-Atlantic Region – 2013, 2014