Lewis Morris Attorney
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
Lew Morris entered private practice in 2012 after retiring from the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General ("OIG") with 25 years of service. He served as Chief Counsel to OIG for 10 years, during which time his office crafted compliance guidance for the health care industry; issued resource materials for health care boards of directors; and implemented OIG self-disclosure protocol, which enables organizations to voluntarily disclose self-discovered evidence of potential fraud and avoid the costs and disruptions associated with a government-directed investigation and litigation.
Prior to serving as Chief Counsel, Lew also served as a Special Assistant United States Attorney for the Middle District of Florida, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia. He recently completed a six-year term as a member of the Board of Directors of the American Health Lawyers Association and has also served as a Director of the Health Care Compliance Association.
Harvard College, B.A., magna cum laude - 1976
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D. - 1980
ADMITTED TO BAR
- District of Columbia
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member, Board of Directors, 2005-2007
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Health Care Compliance Association - Member, Board of Directors, 2000-2002
- Private Practice, 2012 – Present
- Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General – 1988-2012
- Pierson, Ball and Dowd – 1986-1988
- Department of Health and Human Services, Office of General Counsel – 1983-1985
- Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Protection Bureau – 1980-1983
- Fellow, American Health Lawyers Association – 2016
- Best Lawyers in America
- Presidential Rank Awards of Meritorious Executive – 2000, 2010
- Taxpayers Against Fraud, Integrity in Government Award – 2010
- Hubert H. Humphrey Award for Service to America – 2009
- Office of Inspector General, Thomas D. Morris Leadership Award – 2007
- Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service – 1997