Jon S. Zucker Attorney
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, LLP
3015 Carrington Mill Boulevard, Suite 450
Morrisville, NC 27560
Jon Zucker is an associate in the firm’s Raleigh office where he is a member of the Health Counsel practice group. He provides regulatory, compliance and transactional advice to a broad range of health care clients, including health systems, hospitals, academic medical centers, pharmaceutical companies and long-term care providers. He has assisted these clients with various matters, including False Claims Act/qui tam cases, corporate compliance, Fraud and Abuse/Stark analysis, self-disclosure protocol submissions, hospital affiliations, government audits relating to Medicare and Medicaid billing and compliance with regulatory requirements regarding licensure and data privacy and security laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Jon practiced as an associate in North Carolina and New York. During law school, he worked at the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia in the mental health division. He also served as a Board Member and the Bluebook Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review and co-president of the Entertainment and Sports Law Society.
Brown University, B.S., magna cum laude; University of Pennsylvania, M.A.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., James Wilson Scholar - 2012
ADMITTED TO BAR
- Massachusetts - 2013
- New York - 2013
- North Carolina - 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern & Southern Districts of New York
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Represented nationwide physician practices, hospitals and academic medical centers in responding to subpoenas issued by the Department of Justice related to underlying qui tam whistleblower lawsuits, including negotiation of settlement agreements and if necessary, corporate integrity agreements.
- Represented major academic medical center responding to Office of Inspector General Audits.
- Conducted internal investigations into potential fraud and abuse for major academic medical centers, hospitals and physician practices.
- Performed Compliance Assessment for major health insurance company in order to prepare for negotiations with government.
- Represented New York City hospital system during affiliation negotiations with another hospital system.
- Represented clinical laboratory company and performed health care diligence and negotiation on a $300 million acquisition and associated financing.
- Represented private equity client in series of purchases of anesthesia practices.
- Part-time secondment service as counsel for School of Medicine of academic medical center.
- New York State Courts Pro Bono Service Award – 2013
- Represented LGBT client from Senegal pro bono in application to United States government for asylum.