Drew B. Howk Attorney
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
500 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1293
Phone: (317) 429-3607 Fax: (317) 633-4878
"OIG to OHRP: Proactively Educate Whistleblowers on Legal Protections," American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Health Law Committee Newsletter[10/19/2017] SEE MORE
"Can We Keep a Secret? Protecting the Privilege and Asserting Advice of Counsel in healthcare fraud investigations," Indiana State Bar Association's 7th Annual Health Law Symposium, Louisville, KY. November 4, 2016.[11/04/2016] SEE MORE
Drew Howk is an associate in Hall Render's litigation practice group, devoting his practice to defending clients against government and whistleblower actions alleged under the False Claims Act and representing health care and business clients in commercial litigation, including federal multi-district litigation and appeals. Mr. Howk’s experience includes expertise in the use of e-discovery in complex litigation, including management of complex reviews and productions as well as motion practice related to requests for electronically stored information.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Howk is also an adjunct professor at Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI, where he teaches an undergraduate course on the legal aspects of health care administration and volunteers as a mock trial coach at Arsenal Tech High School in Indianapolis.
Before joining Hall Render, Mr. Howk graduated cum laude from Saint Louis University School of Law with a Certificate in Health Law and was inducted into both the Woolsack and Alpha Sigma Nu honor societies. Mr. Howk was the editor-in-chief of the Saint Louis University Journal of Health Law & Policy, participated as a member on the National Moot Court team and clerked with the Civil Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Illinois.
Wabash College, B.A., cum laude - 2008
Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Certificate in Health Law - 2012
ADMITTED TO BAR
- Indiana - 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia – 2017
- U.S. District Court, Northern & Southern Districts of Indiana - 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico – 2016
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia – 2017
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Indiana State Bar Association - Leadership Development Academy Class 6
- The Sedona Conference
- Indiana Bar Foundation - Mock Trial Advisory Committee
- American Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, Health Law Committee Vice-Chair Elect (2017-2018)
- Alpha Sigma Nu
- Woolsack Honor Society
- Editor-in-Chief, Saint Louis University Journal of Health Law & Policy, 2011-2012